Board of Trustees
The School is governed by a Board of Trustees, appointed for 3-year terms and operating under the auspices of the Stichting (Foundation), The American International School of Rotterdam.
Key Board responsibilities include:
- Employment of a competent Director for the school, and evaluating him or her on a yearly basis.
- Adoption of bylaws and policies that make the school effective and provide for continuous improvement in all aspects of school life.
- Securing funds through tuition and other fees to ensure that the educational program is sufficiently funded.
- Evaluation and approval of the annual budget.
- Ensuring that the school premises are both safe and educationally efficient.
- Maintaining and upholding the school's guiding statements.
- Ensuring that the educational program of the school is monitored on a regular basis through our accrediting agencies.
The role of the Board of Trustees is to focus on questions of policy and the appraisal of results, rather than on the day-to-day operation of the school. The Board appoints the Director and holds him or her responsible for the efficient operation of the school and the application of Board policies. Should concerns arise, the recommended procedure is to approach the classroom teacher. Should the concern not be sufficiently addressed, the matter should be brought to the attention of the Principal, and then on to the Director if resolution of the concern has not yet occurred. If resolution of the concern has not been found after these three steps, a formal letter to the Board should be submitted.
The Board of Trustees 2016-2017