The American International School of Rotterdam (AISR) is dedicated to the growth and advancement of a qualified and skilled team of teachers and administrative support staff, who are committed to the mission, philosophy and objectives of the school. Recruiting for the new school year typically begins mid-way through the current school year and begins with the posting of vacancies on this page. There may also be occasions when applications are invited for teaching and administrative positions during the school year. Applications from teachers with advanced degrees, IB, IPC or IMYC training and/or previous experience at other international schools providing education in the English language would be preferred.
Confirmation of Applications
Due to the large number of applications received each day we are unable to respond personally to all applications and inquiries. Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
At AISR we pride ourselves on ensuring that all of our students are safe guarded and protected from all forms of violence, abuse, exploitation and neglect. AISR conducts background checks on all full and part-time faculty, staff, coaches and substitutes.
Potential applicants are welcome to email or post unsolicited applications for consideration for future positions; however, ‘drop-in’ visits and calls to our campus for the purpose of employment, inquiries or application submissions are not accepted. All applications are accepted by mail and email only (email preferred). Applicants will be contacted by email in the event that a suitable position becomes available for further discussion of the application process. Applications will be maintained on file for a period of one year. Please do not send multiple unsolicited applications within the same year.
Administrative Support Positions
Administrative support positions in the school include positions such as the School Nurse, Admissions Officer, Accountant, Facilities and Maintenance Staff and Secretarial staff. Vacancies for these positions are typically posted on this page and on job resource boards or the local newspaper. Due to the relatively low frequency of vacancies in these positions, unsolicited applications are not maintained on file long-term and therefore interested applicants are advised to check this page on a monthly basis for vacancies.
We maintain a database of teachers living in the greater-Rotterdam area, within a reasonable travel distance of our campus, who are willing to provide teaching services on short notice in the event of teacher illness or leave, on a one-day or short term basis. Interested applicants should send their resume, teaching qualifications, professional references and a short cover letter in English by email to the address below. Applications are accepted from qualified and certified teachers. Available teachers are maintained on the database for the current school year, and interest and availability should be renewed each new school year.
Applications to be submitted by email to:
Your application has the best opportunity of success if:
- All documents are provided in English.
- Your application is sent to our firstname.lastname@example.org account and not to other email addresses in the school.
- All attachments are provided in PDF or Word format, where possible as a single attachment.
- Attachments have clear and complete titles, such as Your Name - Resume.
- All documents are A4 size where possible.
- Your full name is included in the email header.
- Your email is addressed only to us, not to multiple schools and other recipients.
- Your email has a clear subject header such as Application for (position title) or Employment Application.
- Your email contains a short introductory cover letter in the body of the email, written in a professional manner.
- Your application clearly demonstrates your teaching qualifications and credentials.
- Your application does not provide multiple or large photos of yourself.
- Our email address is not included in automatic email notices and invitations from Facebook, Twitter and other social media, potentially resulting in your application being picked up as spam.
- Your application is provided only once within a school year or when a specific position is advertised.
- You include background checks from all countries in which you have been previously employed.