Early learning (Pre-K1 and pre-k2)
Laying the Foundations
The early years of childhood are crucial to educational success. They lay the foundation upon which all else is built.
In Pre-Kindergarten One and Two, the children will be doing a variety of activities and learning strategies for growth and development over the year. Coupled with the traditional academics such as recognizing numbers and letters, children will experience many hands-on activities and field trips to learn the fundamentals of geometry, measurement, cultural awareness, problem solving and gross and fine motor development.
AISR's Early Learning is focused upon providing a safe, nurturing environment in which your child can:
- Enjoy their first experience of school
- Develop a range of social skills and begin to learn how to be a team player
- Grow in confidence and gain a sense of their own ability to succeed at school
- Feel secure
- Enjoy themselves
- Make friends
- Love to Learn
- Discover themselves and become confident about who they are.
- Think in a variety of ways - through reasoning, imagination and intuition.
- Evaluate and explore the world around them.
- Develop socially.
- Acquire the language base necessary for the first years of Elementary School.
- Practice important physical skills.
- Make significant discoveries, through careful observation and focused activities.
We believe our program offers an ideal preparation and the essential foundation for progression through the Elementary School and beyond. The children who participate in it are carefully:
- Exposed to new experiences
- Taught to be curious
- Valued as growing entities
- Prepared for what lies ahead of them in their lives.
Music for the Early Years begins at the age of three here at AISR. Its focus is on young, developing children who are in the process of discovering their bodies, emotions and everything in the world around them. The music program accompanies them through this process with songs, rhythms, activities and movements. Guided by the National Standards for Music Education set forth by the MENC (Music Educators National Conference), the music program aims to encourage and cultivate in its students, a true understanding of music and its place in the everyday world.
We invite you to learn more about Pre-K1 and Pre-K2 at AISR by reviewing the Elementary Handbook.