Early learning (Pre-K1 and pre-k2)
Laying the Foundations
The early years of childhood establish the foundation upon which continued educational successes are built. In Pre-K1 and Pre-K2, children engage in a variety of learning activities designed to equip them with effective strategies for growth and development. Differentiated instruction will be supplemented with hands-on activities and field trips that contribute to cognitive and physical development.
AISR's Early Learning focuses on providing a safe, nurturing environment in which your children can:
- Enjoy their first school experience and develop a love for learning
- Develop a range of social/interpersonal skills and begin to learn how to effectively collaborate and interact with others
- Increase self-confidence, self-motivation and, consequently, self-discovery
- Think in a variety of ways through reasoning, imagination and intuition while concurrently exploring and evaluating each new experience
- Acquire the language base that will facilitate academic and personal successes during the first years of Elementary School and beyond
- Further develop Dutch native language skills or acquire Dutch as a foreign language from Pre-K 1 to grade 5
- Engage in physical activities that promote good health, motor/coordination skills and teamwork
- Explore music and art via hands-on instruction/activities in both areas
- Begin to develop an appreciation for the importance of the AISR Core Values
We invite you to learn more about Pre-K1 and Pre-K2 at AISR by reviewing the Elementary Handbook.