Elementary School (Kindergarten-5)
Developing responsibility and commitment
The AISR Elementary School program aims to provide an educational environment in which children are challenged to meet the highest standards of academic and personal achievement through the implementation of the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) by leaders in the field of international education. The IPC provides the framework educators and students require to facilitate and navigate primary school education that fosters student growth into global citizens.
AISR’s Elementary School is committed to the academic and personal development that will provide your children with opportunities for:
- Success in the core academic subjects of Language Arts (English), Mathematics, Science and Social Studies.
- Continued development of native and foreign language proficiency
- Enrichment in music and art education and appreciation opportunities
- Physical education lessons designed to enhance the development of motor and collaboration skills; team sports and after-school physical activities are offered after 15:05.
- Working in small-group classrooms with peers from all over the world
- Independent academic development programs based on proficiency assessments
- Active participation in filed trips (one of which is an extended trip, traditionally in the fall) in the greater Rotterdam area as well as throughout the Netherlands.
- Further development as critical, independent thinkers and life-long learners
- Embracing the components of the AISR Core Values, which are designed to challenge each of us to be a caring, responsible, empathetic and accepting citizen of the world.
We invite you to learn more about the Elementary School at AISR by reviewing the Elementary School Handbook.