SSL Certificate
Login American International School of Rotterdam
Home >
About Us > About the School

About the School

Welcome to the American International School of Rotterdam (AISR).

Since 1959, AISR has offered comprehensive education for students from pre-kindergarten through grade 12. During the Summer of 2018, AISR was proud to join the Nord Anglia Education family of schools, and we are excited to see the additional benefits that this will bring to our AISR community. AISR is a unique place where traditions are valued and innovation is embraced by an extraordinary learning community that brings together students from all over the world. AISR creates a nurturing environment in which students can feel comfortable, safe and secure in order to learn to the best of their respective abilities.

Conveniently located just north of the heart of Rotterdam, AISR is nestled in the beautiful community of Hillegersberg where children can walk or ride their bicycle to school along tree-lined paths.

English is the language of instruction at AISR. All classes, except for the modern language classes, are conducted in English and use native language resources. For students who are just learning English, we have an English as an Additional Language (EAL) support program through which students are provided with individual and small-group support so that they can interact meaningfully in the classroom and acquire English as a language of instruction as effectively and expediently as possible.

We provide a comprehensive curriculum addressing all academic areas, including: English, mathematics, sciences, social studies/history, music, art, physical education, information technology and a range of modern languages, including Mandarin and Russian.

At the beginning of the 2017-18 school year, enrollment was 261. Dutch, American, Japanese, British and South Korean students make up 60% of the student body, with the other 40% represented by 30+ other nationalities.

The AISR Advantage:

  • AISR is a learning-focused international school with an international educational philosophy and curriculum, broadened and enriched with best practices from other nations.
  • AISR offers a balanced program focusing on the development of the whole student via outstanding teachers and small class sizes.
  • AISR provides students with high standards of academic instruction, opportunities for service to others, and a well-rounded program of activities directed toward the development of their skills, talents, and self-confidence for life-long learning. The world-class facility features leading-edge instructional technology, interactive classroom screens, computer labs, mobile laptops, iPad labs, and our MS/HS 1:1 laptop program ensure that all students have access to state-of-the-art learning tools.
  • AISR prepares students to become leaders in meeting the ever-changing needs of the world and equips them with the knowledge to face challenges in a cross-cultural environment.

Our students are happy, our parents fully engaged and our faculty is committed to each student reaching his/her academic potential.

We invite you to explore our website, visit our campus, and talk with faculty, parents and students to truly understand how different and unique AISR is. It is essential to invest time and effort in assessing and selecting the right school for your child.

The American International School of Rotterdam admits students all year round.

Contact our friendly staff for more information:

Tel + 31 (0)10 422 5351

“....the right choice for internationally-minded families”

CIS Nea IB World School
page tools :

The American International School of Rotterdam | Verhulstlaan 21 | 3055WJ Rotterdam | The Netherlands | Tel + 31 (0)10 422 5351 | Privacy Policy

email page print page large type small type
powered by finalsite